Friday, January 15, 2016

OUGD601 / COP3 / Practical / Huge Progression

I decided today that my practical element was lacking focus because there was no content, no purpose and it was all getting a bit too conceptual.

I want to make:


  • A drawing using a machine
  • A 3d printed object
  • A letterpressed piece (using words)
  • A screenprint
  • A photograph


I began thinking about subject matter with which I could fit into the concept.

I thought maybe a series of gig posters or event posters with identity created through varying handmade mediums.

I still got the impression that this would be too vague and unfocused, and so thought about what was linking all of these possible pieces.

Handmade > Hands

In front of my nose all along! Everything i'm making and writing about centres around the use of hands in graphic design. I've always got my hands with me so they're easy to use as subject matter in photographs or drawings or 3d scan / print.

Firstly i'm going to use the plotter/etcher with pens/pencils to draw a photograph of some hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment